We are seeking a Senior Unix System Administrator for a short term project addressing security vulnerabilities in older systems.
- Role: Sr. Unix System Admin
- Experience: 8+ years
- Location: Denver, CO (100% remote)
- Duration: 4+ Months (with a chance of extension)
- Provide technical guidance across a variety of core infrastructure projects, designs, and standards
- Implement technical standards and conventions across a broad variety of platforms and tools
- Provide input to the long-term architectural direction of enterprise technologies and strategies
- Develop, automate, manage and administer workload components
- Collaborate with platform owners to identify and standardize requirements, implement automated solutions and create associated documentation
- Provide an escalation point for discussion, approach, design and the implementation of analytics, monitoring, alerting and reporting
- Effectively collaborate with external teams and organizations.
- Pro-active support, policy management, incident management and resolution of issues related to supported environments
- Participate in on-call rotations
- Demonstrated ability to automate operational processes
- Proven experience working in, and managing, systems in both legacy and AWS contexts
- Demonstrated understanding of multi-tier application architectures
- Demonstrated ability to translate and establish project requirement from technical and non-technical information
- Evaluates and identifies ways to automate, streamline, and improve day-to-day maintenance and administrative practices.
- Ability to perform research based on high level requirements/asks and propose solutions for peer review.
- Ability to write documentation and share knowledge with OnShore/OffShore teammates
- Proven customer focus, with a track record of proactive engagement
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Senior-level Linux/UNIX System administration required, including but not limited to,
- Security Vulnerability Remediation
- RedHat Ansible and patch automations
- BIND DNS to AWS Route 53 conversion
- Operating Systems upgrades
- OS and software installations
- Fault isolation.
- System tuning.
- Software packaging.
- Proactive maintenance.
- DNS, OpenLDAP
- 8+ years of experience as a Linux/UNIX Systems Administrator in an enterprise environment
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training is required
- Experience with AWS is required, certification is preferred
- Familiarity with version control tools (Git)
- Experience with developing real-time visibility through custom coding
- Experience with RedHat, Solaris, Oracle Linux and AWS Linux
- Experience with Pearl and/or Python.
Technologent is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled -- for reasonable accommodations, please contact us at email@example.com.
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.