We are seeking an Oracle DBA for a contract-to-hire opportunity in Dallas, Texas.
Duties, Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Role: Oracle DBA
- Experience: 10+ Years
- Work Location: Dallas, TX
- Contract Duration: 6 Months CTH
Required Experience, Skills, & Technologies:
- Overall maintenance, administration, monitoring, problem management for Oracle databases
- Oracle Database installation, upgrades, backup/restore, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, scripting, and producing documentation
- Setting up and maintaining standby and secondary environments for high-availability
- Conducting performance tuning, baselining and forecasting system performance, and managing configurations
- Work closely with Support and Development Teams to ensure customer satisfaction
- Develops and implements database maintenance plans, including performing integrity checks, updating statistics and monitoring security and hardware resource utilization
- Manages logins and user accounts, including assigning database object permissions and ancillary privileges
- Participates in data modeling and database logical and physical design
- Analyzes long-term database performance trends to optimize database and application performance.
- Recommending and implementing approved process and tool improvements
Desired Experience, Skills & Technologies:
- 10 years+ experience administering Oracle database solutions
- Significant experience with Oracle 12c and 18c architecture and database design, and related Oracle technologies (Partition, TDE Encryption, etc.) on Linux systems
- Experience optimizing database solutions for multi-terabyte databases
- Expert knowledge of Oracle Architecture and Concepts
- Must have experience writing and optimizing SQL and PL/SQL
- Must have experience writing scripts using Shell and/or Python
- Significant experience with performance tuning, capacity planning, and optimization of database environments
- Strong understanding of high-availability solutions and architecture (RAC, Dataguard, RMAN, GoldenGate)
- Experience with Multi-tenancy database architecture (CDB & PDB)
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Expert level knowledge: General RDBMS, Database tuning, SQL tuning, Database Statistics, Database upgrades, Database Installation, Configuration and Patching including RAC
- Data Replication, Database Security, Encryption, Compression and Data Masking/Redaction
- Production DBA experience with ability to work with Development teams on DB architecture and design.
- Experience administering Oracle 12c RAC Exadata
- Experience with Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control & Cloud Control
- Flexibility in working hours in line with project deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple and concurrent tasks.
- Demonstrated experience configuring and maintaining Oracle in a Cloud environment
- Oracle OCP or OCM certification(s)
- Strong Linux experience
- Experience automating, scripting, and streamlining processes for efficiency and accuracy
Technologent is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge℠ Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.