We are looking for an experienced Database Administrator to design and develop cutting edge database solutions. The role will be for a Database Infrastructure Administrator highly skilled in NoSQL (Apache Cassandra) complemented with relational databases such as Oracle, MsSQL.
As such you will need database development skills, embrace being a team player with a collaborative mindset.
Oracle DBA with NoSql and Cassandra
12 months (can get extended)
The Database Administrator responsibilities include:
- Manage the database technology strategy set for your portfolio (including Oracle RAC install/configure, Golden Gate install/setup, Apache Cassandra install/setup);
- Designing and building physical database schemas (relational DDL, documents, column families, graphs, etc.) and optimizing databases for speed, scalability and availability;
- Design/implement Golden Gate across different Data Centers;
- Setup monitoring process using OEM, or any other monitoring tools;
- 24/7 production support schedule;
- Development and hands-on experience in most of the following DB types: Cassandra, Oracle RAC, Golden Gate, MsSQL;
- Expertise in configuration, development, and administration of large, mission-critical database environments;
- Demonstrative knowledge and experience in using NoSQL technology for real world application solutions & deployment;
- The ability to match the application needs to the appropriate database technology solution through experience, research and testing from the design phase through production;
- Shell scripting;
- Strong interpersonal skills
- microservice architectures;
- database build automation techniques;
- 5 years experience with 2 years of Enterprise DBMS experience
** An Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.