We are seeking Level-2 Support Technicians for full-time opportunities in our Chadron, Nebraska office. This is an excellent opportunity to develop skills in the Information Technology field and advance your career.
- Role: L2 Support Technician
- Experience: 3+ years
- Work Location: Chadron, NE
- Project Duration: Full Time
The Level-2 Support Technician plays an integral role in the Technology Operations Center (TOC), which is a 24x7 solution driven support center incorporating Network Operations Center (NOC), Security Operations Center (SOC) and an IT Operations Center (ITOC). This is an entry-level position allowing those individuals looking for a career in IT to gain the necessary experience and grow in various facets of Information Technology. Although beneficial, prior IT or data center experience is not a prerequisite.
The Support Technician is the customers’ first line of engagement for information and support. Customers depend on the Support Technician to provide timely responses to tickets that may impact their business operations. The Support Technician must engage the customer with excellent communication skills and be able to deliver a positive experience. The Support Technician will assist in monitoring, alerting and basic support services. Support activities will include ticket generation and updates as well as monitoring through basic tools. The Support Technician will also be an active participant in shift turnover and daily meetings.
The Support Technician will be responsible for remotely monitoring a customer’s production environment using basic tools and scripts. Emphasis will be on identifying problems and initiating documented troubleshooting and escalation procedures efficiently.
This position requires the ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 as well as participate in alternate shift coverage as needed.
The Level-2 Support Technician will assist remotely in the support of the customer’s managed technologies by performing scheduled and routine tests, monitoring and assessing equipment per business needs, and to provide support for services offered using established processes, scripts, and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Responds to alerts or outage notifications; analyzes and troubleshoots per defined scripts and processes.
- Recognizes and escalates more difficult problems to Level 3 support.
- Familiar with maintaining daily logs and generating reports.
- Implements work orders, creates support tickets and validates testing as needed in the turn up of basic services to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Notates, updates internal teams and customer of trouble status.
- Initiate and contact key resources for technical bridge calls per defined scripts, processes and procedures.
- Monitor and resolve incoming tickets per defined processes and procedures.
- Active involvement in the documentation of procedures and analyzing/recommending solutions to problems.
- Responds to customer requests in a timely manner with a high level of quality.
- Works independently and efficiently to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Identifies non-routine issues and routes/escalates to an appropriate senior team member.
- Responsible for ensuring that the documentation and maintenance runbooks conform to Technologent (and the customer’s) standards.
- Business Information Systems degree, Business Management degree or related work experience.
- Basic understanding of technologies and their interaction.
- Oral and written communication skills, with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients.
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Ability to think proactively related to alerts, troubleshooting and resolving tickets, inclusive of managing escalations through defined procedures until ticket is resolved.
- Ability to learn basic monitoring and tracking tools related to troubleshooting (training provided).
- The ability to communicate and work in a team environment while maintaining the ability to be self-driven.
- Strong analytical, technical and logical thinking skills.
- Understanding of technologies at a very high-level (servers, storage, network and telephony).
- Experience in programming and scripting.
- Experience in Project Management.
- Familiar with of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to communicate ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Basic knowledge of technology concepts and their use related to business applications.
- Must be capable of handling “high-volumes” of traffic and requests.
- Knowledge of basic Microsoft Office tools.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Can actively use phone, email, and trouble-ticket systems (training provided).
- Basic understanding of Service Management (Change, Incident, Release and Problem).
- Basic understanding of Service Desk support.
- Basic understanding of monitoring and administration tools.
Technologent is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge℠ Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.