We are seeking motivated individuals for Internship positions as Technical Support Technicians in our Chadron, Nebraska office with an opportunity to develop skills in the Information Technology field.
- Role: Support Technician Intern
- Work Location: Chadron, NE
- Weekly Hours: Part time or full time
The Support Technician plays an integral role in the Technology Operations Center (TOC), which is a 24/7 solutions driven support center including Network, Security, and IT operations. This is an entry-level position allowing those individuals looking for a career in IT to gain the necessary experience and to grow in various facets of Information Technology. On the job training will be provided.
The Support Technician is the customers’ first line of engagement for information and support. Customers depend on the Support Technician to provide timely responses to tickets that may impact their business operations. The Support Technician must engage the customer with excellent communication skills and be able to deliver a positive experience. The Support Technician will assist in monitoring, alerting and basic support services. Support activities will include ticket generation and updates as well as monitoring through basic tools. The Support Technician will also be an active participant in shift turnover and daily meetings.
This position offers the opportunity to work in an environment that operates 24/7.
The Support Technician Intern will be engaged to open tickets and service basic customer needs by performing scheduled and routine tasks using established processes, scripts, and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Monitor and report on generated alerts by following scripted processes and procedures to create tickets.
- Recognize and escalate more difficult tickets to next level of Support.
- Maintain logs and generate reports.
- Create, monitor and update tickets to track and manage Incidents.
- Update internal teams and customers of ticket status.
- Initiate and contact key resources for technical bridge calls with more senior level technical resources.
- Troubleshooting, problem-solving.
- Update documentation to conform to Technologent’s standards.
- Oral and written communication skills, with an eagerness to provide outstanding customer service to internal team members and customers.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently and respond to emergency situations effectively.
- Ability to think proactively related to alerts, troubleshooting and resolving tickets, inclusive of managing escalations through defined procedures until ticket is resolved.
- Work independently to meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible, versatile and dependable.
- Ability to learn basic monitoring and tracking tools related to troubleshooting (training provided).
- Ability to communicate and work in a team environment as well as the ability to be self-driven.
- Ability to communicate in both verbal and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Technologent, the parent company of Your Selling Team, is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge℠ Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit the business needs, we enable organizations to be more agile, responsive and competitive.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.