Big Data Developer/Administrator - Hadoop
San Jose, CA (local candidates)
An experience enterprise data developer/Administrator with a strong research background in data architecture, Big Data, and data and IoT platforms development.
This individual is expected to lead the architecture and design of next generation data platforms for Connected and Mobility services. This individual will lead technology research and evaluation for data platforms and related services.
This individual will develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying vehicle data and products and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the vehicle data repository and data products.
The position requires strong presentation and communication skills to engage broadly across several Toyota entities and external partners and vendors.
- Applied research on new technologies relating to data ingestion, data processing, data transformation, data management and databases design in order to meet or exceed scalability, performance, reliability and security requirements.
- Hands-on development and implementation of “POC” environment. Conducted POC and benchmarking to validate architecture ideas, technology trends and standards, and baseline global infrastructure design.
- Research and define new solutions for next generation data platforms.
- Develop data platforms architecture strategy and roadmaps in support of future business goals and objectives.
Preferred Qualifications :
- 10+ years in a leading architecture and engineering role with significant responsibility in designing and implementation of Big Data solutions in Petabytes scale with hundreds of servers.
- Hands-on engineering to develop prototypes or production data platforms. 2-3 large implementations preferred.
- Strong experience in technology research, assessment and evaluation demonstrated through patents in data area or implementation and engineering of data platforms at large enterprises like Linkedin, Intuit, Apple, Google, Facebook, etc.
- Advanced degree (PhD) in Computer Science or related fields is a plus.
- Experience in technology companies and/or research environment is a big plus.
- Experience in M/L and AI and its impact on data architecture, data structure and databases.
- Solid analytical skills to troubleshoot high-level, complex and technical problems.
- Strong track record to drive rapid prototyping and design for Big Data.
- Must have strong work ethic, strive to satisfy stakeholders, and possess ability to operate independently and timely with minor supervision.
- Ability to show flexibility, initiative, and innovation when dealing with ambiguous and fast–paced situations.
- Strong soft skills including verbal communication, leadership, and consulting.
- Hadoop / Hadoop Clusters
- S3 Storage
- IOT Data ingest
- Spark / Hive / Map Reduce
- Data visualization tools
- Java / Python or similar programming experience
- 5+ years of experience with distributed scalable Big Data store or NoSQL, including Cassandra, Cosmos DB, Cloudbase, HBase, or Big Table.
- Experience in with Apache Hadoop and Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS), S3 protocol, ObjectStore and with processing large data stores.
** An Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.