We are seeking a Desktop Support Technician for a client project in Brownsville, TX
Desktop Support Technician
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier support
- Install and configure computers, telephones, and other common technology/devices for new and existing employees.
- Provide after-hours or weekend support when necessary to perform high-risk or planned downtime of IT systems for upgrades and maintenance.
- Support with the regular maintenance of monitoring, backup, and infrastructure systems.
- Have the ability to take on higher-level strategic projects when tactical projects stall. Areas can include network administration, systems administration, high-performance computing, information security, etc.
- Ability to write instructional documentation and convey highly technical ideas in terms that non-technical people can understand.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years of professional experience building, deploying and troubleshooting computer systems, hardware, printers, software, and IP networks within a mid to large enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting Microsoft technologies.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in technical field.
- A+, Network+, MCSE, and other technical certifications preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of audio visual equipment.
- Comfortable working with mission critical and sensitive systems, with a sense of urgency appropriate to the responsibilities.
- Ability to address and resolve information technology issues promptly, effectively and independently.
- Motivated self-starter personality; able to work independently while maintaining patience with the constant interruptions.
- Due to the high visibility of this position, excellent written, verbal and phone communications skills are highly desired.
Technologent is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled -- for reasonable accommodations, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge℠ Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.