We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team in Rhode Island.
- Role: Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Experience: 10+ years
- Work Location: Providence, RI
- Project Duration: Full Time
The Senior DevOps Engineer will be part of a team assisting in the designing, building and deploying of the Software Defined DataCenter (SDD) that will become the platform of choice to host the CGF applications as they are refactored and/or migrated to public and private cloud.
This role would provide hands-on engineering to build capabilities to support multiple Agile software delivery teams and their platform needs. This role would also set strategy and build out our evolution to a continuous delivery world.
The ideal candidate would also guide and educate software developers on the SDD integrations, security, automation, and cloud architecture/technology. This person will work closely with security, Infrastructure, Risk, Middleware, and other areas of the company to ensure continuous delivery and DevOps are influenced throughout the value chain.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Directly work within the AWS and Azure environments to generate a software defined data center using tools like Ansible, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef and Terraform
- Establish a hybrid cloud model utilizing similar tools as above but interfacing via the VMWare API for an on-prem delivery of cloud functionalities.
- Work as part of a team responsible to design, deploy and manage a proactive and predictable monitoring platform offering self-healing capabilities using a variety of open source technologies
- Experience with the creation of auto-scaling within the public cloud environment
- Experience with automating deployment, scaling and management of Container applications - Docker / Kubernetes.
- Be an evangelist who is willing to work across groups to foster a deeper understanding of Security, Cloud, CI/CD, and DevOps principles.
- Focus on our base level infrastructure automation that allows sample repo to deploy to non-prod cloud
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies.
- Help define and structure our SRE Organization
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous delivery - Automation (Jenkins).
- Willingness to work in legacy infrastructure and application as well as green field.
- At least 10-13 years supporting automation and collaboration efforts within a technical organization in similar sized company
- At least 3 years’ experience with distributed cloud architecture and implementations. Specifically, AWS services such as EC2, cloud formation, RDS and other AWS Services.
- At least 2 years of experience with automation tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- At least 2 years of experience with tools like Jenkins, Chef or Puppet
- At least 2 years’ experience with Infrastructure as Code and AWS AMI and Cloud Formation.
- 5-10 years of experience in one or more of the following: Python, Java, Golang, Shell, Node.js,
- Extensive experience working with containerization technologies
- Exposure to Kubernetes and using it as our deployment plane
- Experience with Blue/Green and Canary Deployments
- Experience architecting security into the solution.
- Experience with Agile / Jira / Confluence / HipChat / Slack, Jenkins / Cobertura / PMD / FindBugs.
Educational, Certifications and/or Other Professional Credentials:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Technologent is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Technologent is a Global Provider of Edge-to-Edge℠ Information Technology Solutions and Services for Fortune 1000 and SMB companies. We offer a unique blend of business practices that are aligned to solve for top CIO concerns. Our core competencies focus on data center infrastructure, business continuity, data protection, service automation and orchestration, continuous intelligence, monitoring, connectivity, collaboration and cybersecurity. These practices are supported by our professional services, digital transformation services and financial services offerings. By providing custom solutions and services designed to fit your business needs, we enable your organization to be more agile, responsive and competitive. Technologent empowers your company to ascend to the next level in IT.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Technologent has offices throughout the US and proudly serves clients around the world. When partnering with Technologent, organizations benefit from the highest caliber of professionals, committed to delivering exceptional business outcomes backed by unmatched service and support.